This course can be taken individually or as part of the week-long Strategic Communication Certificate Program Boot Camp.
Communicating Complex Ideas: The Power of Storytelling
A good story can stir emotions, engage minds and motivate actions. Strong storytelling requires insight and imagination, and organizations of all sizes can benefit from this age-old method of communication.
In this course, you will learn how to create your own "master narrative” through case studies that demonstrate how large organizations typically develop compelling stories, utilizing a technique of storytelling in internal and external communications. There are several communication strategies to learn in order to leave a lasting impact, such as the psychology behind business storytelling and the crafting of a personal vs. corporate story. While data charts, PowerPoint slides and lists of product benefits can all still be part of your repertoire, developing your ability to tell a compelling story will help you capture the attention of your audience, which is increasingly difficult in our content-heavy world of status updates, link sharing and 24-hour news cycles.
- Marketing and communications professionals
- Marketing research professionals
- Advertising professionals
- Public relations practitioners
- Business owners and entrepreneurs
- Project managers
- Managers and supervisors at all career levels
- Why emotion-focused stories build trust and loyalty
- The four essential features of a powerful corporate story
- How to select the most relevant narrative for specific purposes
- Where to find inspiration—from the CEO to the "shop floor"
- When to tell your story for maximum engagement and effect
Find additional information about available discounts.
This course is not available for college credit.