Registration closes at noon on August 2.
Effective Business Writing
Exceptional writing skills are often cited as some of the most crucial skills necessary for success in today’s workplace. From persuasive memos and sales documents to eloquent letters and executive summaries, the demand for well-written material has not slackened in the digital age.
In this course, you will have an opportunity to assess your current writing style, and then apply the tools and techniques discussed in class to develop strategies for improving your writing. By the end of the course, you will be able to produce correspondence and documents that are concise, attractive and easily digestible.
- Marketing and communication professionals
- Managers and supervisors
- Human resource professionals
- Business writers
- Anyone who wants to polish their written communication skills
- Write effective email messages and other documents that are clear, concise and professional.
- Know how to achieve optimal results from your writing.
- Write with an appropriate tone for your correspondence.
- Improve your writing style by:
- Using the active voice
- Using concise language
- Avoiding overused words and phrases
- Eliminating redundancy
Required: Bring two recently written business letters or emails to class. Each should be at least one paragraph in length.