Registration closes at noon on 02/25/24.
Eliciting Requirements with Stakeholder Collaboration
This course covers requirements elicitation techniques that engage and involve stakeholders, and when and how to use each technique. Using hands-on activities, you will learn how to prepare questions, conduct interviews, facilitate group-brainstorming sessions, organize the results, create storyboards and prototypes and present results.
Topics covered include:
- Tasks in the Elicitation and Collaboration Knowledge Area
- Preparing for elicitation
- Identifying user roles and tasks
- Conducting interviews and preparing questions
- Facilitation techniques for use with groups
- Brainstorming techniques
- Preparing surveys using Kano analysis
- Encouraging stakeholder collaboration
- Selecting elicitation techniques for specific situations
- Current and aspiring business analysts
- Executives and managers
- Project managers
- How to analyze stakeholders
- How to define user roles
- How to prepare for and conduct an interview
- How to conduct an observation
- How to facilitate groups in requirements workshops using techniques that engage workshop participants
- How to create effective surveys using Kano analysis
- How to select appropriate elicitation techniques for different situations by considering project risks, project approach and time constraints
Students are not required to take the courses in any specific order; however, for students new to the field of business analysis, we recommend starting with Business Analysis Essentials. All students must complete this course as part of the certificate program.
Save $655 by registering for the Business Analysis Certificate Program, a series of seven courses (including this one) that can be taken in any order. The registration cost for the certificate program is $4,490, while the cost to register for all seven courses separately is $5,145.
It is recommended, but not required, that students purchase International Institute of Business AnalysisTM (IIBA®) A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide), version 3.
The workshop includes material from the International Institute of Business AnalysisTM (IIBA®) Agile Extension to the BABOK® Guide and A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide).
This course may be taken as one of seven classes in the Business Analysis Certificate Program. Sign up to view our on-demand information session about the certificate program. Meet the two instructors, learn about all of the business analysis courses and discover how the certificate program aligns with your career goals.
If you did not register for the Business Analysis Certificate Program bundle but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, you may still be able to obtain it. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you your certificate after your final class.
The Center for Professional Education is an Endorsed Education Provider of the IIBA® (EEP # E48092). IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK® Guide and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis. These trademarks are used with the express permission of International Institute of Business Analysis.
For withdrawal, transfer and refund information, see Policy Code A.