Eliciting Requirements with Stakeholder Collaboration
This two-day course covers requirements elicitation techniques and considerations and understanding when and how to use various techniques. Using hands-on activities, you will learn how to prepare questions, conduct interviews, facilitate group-brainstorming sessions, organize the results, create storyboards and prototypes and present results.
Topics covered include:
- Tasks in the Elicitation and Collaboration Knowledge Area
- Preparing for elicitation
- Identifying user roles and tasks
- Conducting interviews and preparing questions
- Facilitation techniques for use with groups
- Brainstorming techniques
- Preparing surveys using Kano analysis
- Encouraging stakeholder collaboration
- Selecting elicitation techniques for specific situations
This course was formerly titled Eliciting Requirements: Techniques and Considerations.
- Business analysts
- Functional managers
- Project managers
- Programmers interested in expanding their effectiveness
- Other individuals involved in project work
- How to analyze stakeholders
- How to define user roles
- How to prepare for and conduct an interview
- How to conduct an observation
- How to facilitate groups in requirements workshops using techniques that engage workshop participants
- How to create effective surveys using Kano analysis
- How to select appropriate elicitation techniques for different situations by considering project risks, project approach, and time constraints
Save $655 by registering for the Business Analysis Certificate Program, a series of seven courses (including this one) that can be taken in any order. The registration cost for the certificate program is $4,490, while the cost to register for all seven courses separately is $5,145.
Find additional information about available discounts.
This course includes material and techniques from the Elicitation Knowledge Area in the International Institute of Business AnalysisTM (IIBA®) A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide).
The Center for Professional Education is an Endorsed Education Provider of the IIBA® (EEP # E48092). IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK® Guide and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis. These trademarks are used with the express permission of International Institute of Business Analysis.
This course is not available for college credit.