Essential Tools and Techniques in Data Analytics (2 Day)
Business processes are increasingly data-driven, generating a growing demand for professionals who can analyze data, correlate findings and draw actionable conclusions. In this course, you will get some introductory-level knowledge on data analytics to inform strategy for everything from customer relationships to capital investments, from inventory management to sales. Hands-on exercises are incorporated throughout the class utilizing different types of data sets.
Become your team’s MVP by learning to:
- frame data questions.
- select data sets.
- run analytics processes.
- derive actionable insights.
- present your findings so that others in your organization can understand it.
- Mid-level leaders
- Project managers and team managers
- Technology, business, analytics and engineering professionals
- Professionals who report on business processes
- Professionals who are responsible for benchmarking or strategy development
- Learn how to make your data a business asset you can use to solve problems
- Develop an understanding of the Analytics Realization Cycle to produce immediate value for your team
- Enhance the value of insights you produce for data-driven business strategy
- Use data effectively to tailor insights for the teams you work with throughout your organization
- Build a knowledge base of current analytics technologies
You will receive an article to read one week before the course begins. Please ensure that you have read the article before attending class.
Students will need to bring their personal laptop for in-class practical exercises.
New requirement effective September 1, 2016:
- This is an optional course for the Business Management Certificate Program.
- This is a required course for the Strategic Communication Certificate Program.
- If you began taking courses for the Strategic Communication Certificate Program prior to September 1, 2016, you may be exempt from taking this course.