New registrations take up to two business days before the course can be accessed. Once your registration is processed, your login information will be emailed to you.
Gain in-depth knowledge of federal tax law.
Tax law attorneys are often employed in consultative roles in tax litigation and are in need of paralegals to increase client base and facilitate effective representation. The Federal Tax Law Specialist Certificate Program provides valuable training over topics including audits, litigation in tax court, IRS negotiations, Federal Tax Code and other topics needed for paralegals entering a tax law, corporate law or general business practice. The program is self-paced allowing you get started anytime and complete assignments on a schedule that is convenient for you. Each course includes instructor guidance, exercises, quizzes, chapter reviews, lecture notes and other innovative online learning tools. See required courses and electives to choose from below:
- Federal Tax Law
- Accounting for Law Firms
Once you have begun this program, you will work with your instructor to determine which elective course fits best with your particular area of interest. You will choose one of the following electives:
- Legal Ethics
- Laws of Evidence
- Advanced Legal Research
- Constitutional Law
- Experienced paralegals or individuals with prior legal education needing or wanting specialized legal training in federal tax law
- We recommend that applicants have one of the following in order to be optimally successful in this course:
- certificate or degree in paralegal studies
- combination of a college degree in any area of study and at least one year of legal experience
- foreign law degree or some law school experience
- Please contact an Enrollment Coordinator at email@example.com or 512-471-2924 with any questions or concerns about this program
- General taxation issues
- The Federal Tax Code
- Filing considerations
- The tax audit
- Litigation in Tax Court
- Negotiating with the IRS
Tuition does not include the cost of required textbooks. The online book link is provided to students once they are enrolled in the program. The books vary from course to course but average anywhere from $45 to $160 per book. However, used books are often available.
This course is not available for college credit.