CFP Summer Exam Dates: July 10-17, 2018
Financial Plan Development (Capstone)
The Financial Plan Development course serves as the capstone for the Financial Planning Certificate Program. This case-study class structure differs from the traditional lecture class in that you must take a more active role in the learning process. You will be required to complete a hypothetical directed case involving a written comprehensive financial plan and an oral presentation and defense of the comprehensive financial plan. This experience will help you prepare for the CFP Board’s comprehensive exam and serve as a model for application as a professional.
- Financial planners seeking board certification
- Accountants, investment advisors and brokers
- Insurance agents
- Retirement plan and employee benefits specialists
- Anyone considering financial planning as a career
- Complete financial planning cases related to fundamentals, insurance, investing, taxation, retirement planning and employee benefits, and estate planning topics
- Develop both basic and complex comprehensive financial plans using the CFP Board’s six-step financial planning process
- Complete individual and group work and participate in the presentation of a comprehensive financial plan
Successful completion of all six Financial Planning core courses.
- Tax Planning
- Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Estate Planning
- Fundamentals of Financial Planning
Students who satisfy the CFP Board’s education requirements through the possession of an existing professional credential or an approved academic degree may be eligible to enroll in the Financial Plan Development (Capstone) course by taking advantage of the CFP Board’s “Challenge Status” program. For more information on Challenge Status and eligibility, please visit the CFP Board website.
Find additional information about available discounts.
All courses in the Certified Financial Planning program are based on the most recent textbook edition available from the publisher. Contact our office if you have any questions regarding book editions or ordering.
Financial calculator. One of the following is recommended: HP 17BII+, HP10BII, HP12C, TI BA 11 Plus, EL 738C
Financial Planning Practice Standards
Materials from your previous financial planning courses
This course is not available for college credit.