Lead the People - Your Project Will Follow
Successful project managers are exceptional project leaders, and effective communication is key to the success of any project team.
In this one-day course you will be introduced to the skills and strategies that project managers need to successfully complete projects. Through the development of interpersonal skills and communication strategies, you will learn to move a team from disconnection, interpersonal misunderstandings and mistrust to connection, involvement, buy-in and mutual respect.
- Supervisors and managers at all career levels
- Project managers and leaders
- Project team members
- Team leaders with no official supervisory authority
- Assess current strengths in project management soft skills and areas for improvement
- Understand the difference between managing and leading
- Learn the team development stages
- Build strategies to move from conflict to connection
- Learn to shift from reactive to proactive interpersonal communication
- Improve your ability to support and maintain buy-in and commitment
There are no prerequisites for this course.
If you did not register for the Leadership Academy Certificate Program bundle but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, please fill out this statement of intent to let us know. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will present you with your certificate in your final class.