Registration closes at noon on March 24.
Although people often think of boardrooms, suits and million dollar deals when they hear the word negotiation, the truth is that we negotiate all the time. Understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations and the skills you need for successful negotiating with help from this workshop. Learn how to understand your opponent and gain the confidence to not settle for less than what you feel is fair. You will learn that an atmosphere of respect is essential, as uneven negotiations could lead to problems in the future.
- Anyone in a leadership role
- Supervisors and managers at all levels
- Team leads with no official supervisory authority
- Understand and apply the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations and the skills needed for successful negotiating
- Learn to lay the groundwork for negotiation
- Identify what information to share and what to keep to yourself
- Understand basic bargaining techniques
- Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain
- Understand how to reach consensus and set the terms of agreement
- Deal with personal attacks and other difficult issues
- Use the negotiating process to solve everyday problems
- Negotiate on behalf of someone else