Overcoming 5 Dysfunctions of a Team
If you lead a team or are a member of a team that struggles with communication, trust, conflict and commitment, this course can provide the tools you need to transform how you lead a team, work within a team and balance team expectations. Moving a team from dysfunctional to cohesive and high performing requires every member’s commitment, effort and discipline, making this course a great opportunity for team improvement and professional development.
In this course, participants learn communication strategies, conflict resolution tools and methods for building trust to help improve overall team function. In addition, team members are required to complete a 20-minute online questionnaire titled “The 5 Behaviors of a Cohesive Team”, which assesses the level of functioning that applies to their team. Results are emailed upon completion of the assessment. You’ll use your customized team results during discussions and group exercises throughout the course.
- Anyone seeking to improve team dynamics
- Supervisors and managers at all levels
- New or aspiring supervisors, managers or team leaders
- Understand the components of high performing teams
- Measure the degree to which teams meet their expectations
- Take action to build trust and resolve conflict within a team
- Adapt your behavior and communication style to create more effective conversations with team members
- Create an action plan to improve team commitment, accountability and results
Complete a "5 Behaviors of a Cohesive Team" assessment before the scheduled class begins.