Mastering Mechanics: Proofreading, Punctuation and Grammar
Strategies for Effective Public Speaking
07/24/2018 to 07/25/2018
Communicating with Candor, Compassion and Confidence
Effective Business Writing
Communication Strategies For Introverted Business Professionals
Speak Up: Making a Clear and Confident Impression
Public Speaking for the Modern Business World
08/28/2018 to 08/29/2018
Communicate with confidence and credibility.
Have you ever been awed by someone who always seems to know what to say and how to say it, in any situation? How you communicate reveals a great deal about you and your organization. Successful professionals prepare in advance to make a good impression.
Learn to communicate with poise, diplomacy and confidence in the 7 course Communication Skills for Professionals Certificate Program from UT Austin. Designed for individuals interested in developing essential skills for effective writing, you will learn practical tools and techniques to help you project a positive, polished and professional image in all written and verbal interactions.
The Professional & Business Communication Skills Certificate was formerly titled the Communication Skills for Professionals
- Professionals at all levels who want to build confidence, credibility and interpersonal communication skills to create powerful relationships
- Professionals responsible for reports, memos, letters and e-mail messages
- Anyone who speaks publicly or gives presentations
- Executive and administrative professionals
- Team leaders and managers
- Sales professionals
- Discover your natural communication style and learn how to adapt to the style of others
- Build harmonious relationships by communicating with tact, diplomacy and credibility
- Develop listening skills to prevent critical misunderstandings
- Understand how to communicate up and down the workplace hierarchy
Students complete 7 courses chosen from the list above to complete the certificate.
- The duration of each course is one to two days.
- Courses can be taken as they are offered. Each course is offered two to three times per year in the fall, spring and summer terms.
- Typical program duration is between 6 and 12 months depending on course offering and student availablity.
Course offerings are subject to change.
We recommend registering for the full certificate program to receive the best price possible. Each course is priced individually, but when you enroll in the certificate program and prepay, you'll receive a discount of up to $326 on the total cost of the package.
By purchasing the certificate package you can:
- Place your tuition on a credit on file until you are ready to attend classes.
- Select your courses now by working with the registrar.
- Lock in your tuition price.
Please note that students do not have to take all of the upcoming courses–we can help you develop a program schedule or create a personalized training plan.