CFP Summer Exam Dates: July 10-17, 2018
Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits
The Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits course explores the nature and function of retirement plans and provides a survey of the more common benefits and retirement programs offered by companies today. You will learn how to recommend an appropriate plan of action that helps your clients combine their employee benefits with their long-term goals and objectives to create a comprehensive financial plan.
- Financial planners seeking board certification
- Accountants, investment advisors and brokers
- Insurance agents
- Retirement plan and employee benefits specialists
- Anyone considering financial planning as a career
- Develop an understanding of the various retirement plans available including government and private plans, pension plans, individual retirement accounts and other qualified and non-qualified retirement plans
- Learn how to determine a client's eligibility to participate in a retirement plan, calculate their tax-deductible contribution limits and calculate the taxation of their retirement plan benefits upon distribution
- Understand how to conduct a complete needs analysis to determine a client's expected monetary needs in retirement and how to develop a plan to meet those needs
An undergraduate degree in any field.
Find additional information about available discounts.
All courses in the Certified Financial Planning program are based on the most recent textbook edition available from the publisher. Contact our office if you have any questions regarding book editions or ordering.
Required: (Books are required on the first day of class.)
Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits, Money Education
This course is not available for college credit.