Registration closes at noon on May 3.
Using the Media to Tell Your Story
The media landscape is powered by a fast-paced, 24/7 news cycle, and anyone with an internet connection can broadcast news. Strategic communicators need to understand what drives reporters today – the realities of newsrooms, the ecosystem and the question of what constitutes news – and how to break through the noise to tell your story.
In this course, you will learn how to tell your story, share news and build relationships with the media. You will learn key techniques for media interviews, which will then be tested through a video-taped interview. The class will learn the art and importance of creating editorial calendars and the tools with which professionals reach out to share their stories.
- Marketing and communications professionals
- Marketing research professionals
- Advertising professionals
- Public relations practitioners
- Business owners and entrepreneurs
- Project managers
- Managers and supervisors at all career levels
- How the role of media has changed in the 21st century and how you can leverage it to maximize impact
- How to use unpaid or earned media in your communications plans
- Understanding how to build lasting relationships to drive results and meet organizational goals
- How to create an editorial calendar and how it can drive real value and results
- Training you to get your message out in the right way with simulation and tips
- Create great talking points — even in not-great situations
- Being prepared for the problems that may arise