Sharpen Your Writing Skills for More Effective Communication
Effective writing skills are essential in today’s workplace where your ability to write clearly and effectively can build your professional image and set you apart.
The Writers at Work Certificate Program is designed to meet the needs of busy professionals that need a flexible option for mastering critical writing techniques.
The program consists of four 10-hour online courses that teach the use of proper grammar and vocabulary and address the writing process with the goal of helping you write clear, concise and complete documents.
- Professionals interested in developing their writing skills
- Identify and correct common errors in grammar and punctuation
- Revise ineffective sentences and generate clear and concise writing
- Write clear, effective and professional email messages that get your reader’s attention
- Understand a writing process to use when creating any document
- Organize your ideas clearly
- Connect words and ideas effectively using transitions, connectives, parallelism and other strategies
- Use specific techniques to adapt the tone of a document.
- Incorporate basic design elements to create visually appealing documents
- Proofread, edit and revise documents more effectively
This course is powered by JER and is not available for college credit.