Registration closes at noon on 05/13/24.
11 Leadership Traits That Get Results
This course will examine 11 essential leadership traits identified through a synthesis of data gathered from corporate recruiters, Fortune 500 companies, business schools and studies on how high performers manage extreme situations. You will learn how to apply these traits, combined with emotional intelligence (EQ) concepts, to real-world scenarios, developing the skills you need to succeed in today's high-performance business world.
In preparation for the training, participants will:
- Complete the EQ-i 2.0 ® online emotional intelligence assessment
- Receive a personalized interpretive report of their EQ-i results, mapping them to the 11 traits
- Engage in a ½ hour, private, telephone coaching session with instructor to discuss assessment results in detail and strategies to move forward
As an outcome of the assessment, coaching session, and practical exercises in the training session, attendees will gain a clear picture of where they match up against the 11 traits to develop a strategic flight plan to exploit areas of strength, compensate for areas of challenge, and target areas for development.
Note: Registration will close one week prior to the class to allow time to process and complete the pre-class online assessment and telephone conference. Please respond to all email communications from the instructor in a timely manner to ensure you complete these requirements.
- Managers and leaders who want to align their skill set to those likely to be in demand in the future
- Individual contributors who aspire to become leaders in today’s high-performing organizations
- Professionals facing interpersonal communication challenge
- Discover what each of the 11 essential leadership traits are and learn how they drive success
- Understand the degree to which your personal EQ-i® results support each essential leadership trait
- Discover how to be resilient and bounce back from challenges or setbacks
- Understand the importance of collaboration and how interpersonal intuition can support it
- Learn the basics of thinking operationally and how to use it to solve problems/make decisions
This course builds on concepts introduced in Unlocking Your Leadership through the Power of Emotional Intelligence, which is a prerequisite to enroll in this course.
Complete the Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i 2.0®) prior to class. Link is provided by the instructor upon registration for the course. If you have a previous EQ-i 2.0® assessment on file from the past 6 months, you will not need to retake the assessment. The instructor will create your personalized analysis using your previous results.
Schedule and complete your private, ½hour telephone coaching session before the first day of class.