Registration closes at noon on 03/05/24.
Agile Business Analysis
This course provides essential information for business analysts to be successful on agile projects. Attendees will participate in hands-on activities to learn how to define the project’s vision, model user roles, write user stories and acceptance criteria, prioritize the user stories, refine the stories in preparation for developing them and utilize user stories to plan releases and iterations.
- How agile values affect business analysis
- The benefits and risks of an agile approach to requirements
- The differences between traditional and agile approaches
- The agile requirements process
- Defining the vision
- Modeling user roles
- Writing user stories
- Refining user stories and writing acceptance criteria
- Prioritizing the story backlog using user story mapping and other techniques
- Planning with user stories
This course is based on the Agile Extension to the BABOK® Guide and will help prepare you for IIBA®’s Agile Analysis certification.
- Current and aspiring business analysts
- Executives and managers
- Project managers
- How to write a vision statement
- How to identify and describe user roles and personas
- How to write effective user stories
- How to write acceptance criteria for user stories
- How to manage changes to the Product Backlog
- How to use models to get user stories ready for development
- How to conduct story writing workshops using low fidelity prototypes
- How to create a user story map
- Understand the prioritization of stories for iterations and releases
Students are not required to take the courses in any specific order; however, for students new to the field of business analysis, we recommend starting with Business Analysis Essentials. All students must complete this course as part of the certificate program.
Save $655 by registering for the Business Analysis Certificate Program, a series of seven courses (including this one) that can be taken in any order. The registration cost for the certificate program is $4,490, while the cost to register for all seven courses separately is $5,145.
It is recommended, but not required, that students purchase International Institute of Business AnalysisTM (IIBA®) A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide), version 3.
The workshop includes material from the International Institute of Business AnalysisTM (IIBA®) Agile Extension to the BABOK® Guide and A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide).
This course may be taken as one of seven classes in the Business Analysis Certificate Program. Sign up to view our on-demand information session about the certificate program. Meet the two instructors, learn about all of the business analysis courses and discover how the certificate program aligns with your career goals.
If you did not register for the Business Analysis Certificate Program bundle but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, you may still be able to obtain it. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will present you with your certificate after your final class.
The Center for Professional Education is an Endorsed Education Provider of the IIBA® (EEP # E48092). IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK® Guide and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis. These trademarks are used with the express permission of International Institute of Business Analysis.