New registrations take up to two business days before the course can be accessed. Once your registration is processed, your login information will be emailed to you.
Help benefit both debtors and creditors
Bankruptcy law is an expanding practice area in today’s legal field. Paralegals working in bankruptcy law work on cases involving creditors and debtors in financial restructurings, workouts, bankruptcy cases and other matters involving financially distressed transactions. This certificate program delivers an in-depth understanding of bankruptcy litigation helpful for those interested in working in this legal area. The program is self-paced allowing you get started anytime and complete assignments on a schedule that is convenient for you. Each course includes instructor guidance, exercises, quizzes, chapter reviews, lecture notes and other innovative online learning tools. See required courses and electives to choose from below:
- Bankruptcy Law
- Administrative or Accounting Law
Once you have begun this program, you will work with your instructor to determine which elective course fits best with your particular area of interest. You will choose one of the following electives:
- Legal Ethics
- Laws of Evidence
- Advanced Legal Research
- Experienced paralegals or individuals with prior legal education needing or wanting specialized legal training in bankruptcy law
- We recommend that applicants have one of the following in order to be optimally successful in this course:
- certificate or degree in paralegal studies
- combination of a college degree in any area of study and at least one year of legal experience
- foreign law degree or some law school experience
- Please contact an Enrollment Coordinator at email@example.com or 512-471-2924 with any questions or concerns about this program
- Learn the latest terminology for bankruptcy processes.
- Understand different types of client considerations and options.
- Gain knowledge of Chapter 7 liquidation as well as Chapter 11 reorganization including the code and rule.
- Become well-versed in schedule and document preparation and working with trustees.
Tuition does not include the cost of required textbooks. The online book link is provided to students once they are enrolled in the program. The books vary from course to course but average anywhere from $45 to $160 per book. However, used books are often available.
This course is not available for college credit.