Building Personal Leadership Skills
Most individuals are not born leaders, and few people feel completely comfortable taking a leadership role for the first time. In this course, you will learn how to hone your leadership traits and enhance your knowledge of leadership principles through an understanding of the definitions, characteristics and coaching techniques of personal leadership.
By developing a fundamental understanding of the leadership characteristics that any employee can utilize when presented with the opportunity to lead, you will be ready to accept leadership roles with confidence. This method applies to both managers and those who are not in formal leadership positions.
- Supervisors and managers at all career levels
- Team leaders with no official supervisory authority
- Employees who want to initiate development of leadership skills
- Learn the five levels of leadership
- Increase awareness of your own leadership talent
- Recognize the differences between managers and leaders
- Use a self-assessment exercise as a strategic plan for workplace improvement
- Enhance your interpersonal relationships with coworkers
There are no prerequisites for this course.
If you did not register for the Leadership Academy Certificate Program bundle but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, please fill out this statement of intent to let us know. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will present you with your certificate in your final class.