Business Process Analysis and Modeling
01/16/2019 to 01/17/2019
Agile Business Analysis
01/30/2019 to 01/31/2019
Understanding Business Strategy
Business Analysis Essentials
Eliciting Requirements with Stakeholder Collaboration
04/03/2019 to 04/04/2019
Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
Analyze, Structure and Organize Requirements
05/15/2019 to 05/16/2019
Boost your career and invigorate your organization.
The seven-course Business Analysis Certificate Program gives you the tools to investigate needs and propose solutions to problems within your organization, both crucial skills for successful project delivery and organizational change. If you are looking to be an agent of change in your corporate, government or non-profit organization, this certificate program will give you a foundation in all areas covered in the most recent version of the International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) Version 3.0.
- Strategy Analysis
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Elicitation and Collaboration
- Requirements Life Cycle Management
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
- Solution Evaluation
Students are not required to take the courses in any specific order, but we highly recommend taking Business Analysis Essentials first. The seven courses may also be taken individually.
- Business analysts
- Product owners
- Functional managers
- Project managers
- Programmers interested in expanding their effectiveness
- Other individuals involved in project work
This table shows upcoming start dates for this program’s courses. Please note that program start dates are subject to change. After registering for the certificate program, email us or call the CPE Registrar at 512-232-6520 to enroll in your chosen courses.
|Agile Business Analysis||10/02/2018||01/30/2019||08/09/2019|
|Analyze, Structure and Organize Requirements||12/11/2018||05/15/2019||08/29/2019|
|Business Analysis Essentials||10/12/2018||03/07/2019|
|Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring||10/23/2018||04/17/2019|
|Business Process Analysis and Modeling||11/27/2018||01/16/2019||07/10/2019|
|Eliciting Requirements with Stakeholder Collaboration||11/06/2018||04/03/2019|
|Understanding Business Strategy||12/11/2018||02/21/2019||06/13/2019|
The Center for Professional Education (CPE) is proud to be approved to train veteran eligible persons.
The titles of the courses in the Business Analysis Certificate Program were changed to reflect the curriculum in the International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) Version 3.0. If you are already in pursuit of your certificate, you still only need to take seven courses. Match up what you have left to learn here.
- Analyzing and Documenting Requirements is now Analyze, Structure and Organize Requirements
- Building the Business Case is now Understanding Business Strategy
- Business Analysis Essentials is still Business Analysis Essentials
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring is still Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Business Process Analysis is now Business Process Analysis and Modeling
- Defining Agile Requirements with User Stories is now Agile Business Analysis
- Eliciting Requirements: Techniques and Considerations is now Eliciting Requirements with Stakeholder Collaboration
The program is delivered in the classroom with face-to-face instruction.
- Take the courses in whichever order works best for your schedule. Each course is offered two to three times per year in the fall, spring and summer terms. Business Analysis Essentials is a great place to start, but not the required first course.
- Typical program duration is 8 to 12 months, with a maximum of 3 years to qualify for a UT Gold Seal Certificate
- Program consists of all 7 courses
- The duration of each course is one to two days
Course offerings are subject to change.
We recommend registering for the full certificate program to receive the best discount possible. Each course is priced individually; when taking courses individually, the total cost of the program is $5,145. When you enroll in the certificate program and prepay before you take your first class, you will save more than 10% of the total cost of the program.
By purchasing the certificate package you can:
- Lock in your tuition price.
- Consult with an Enrollment and Success Coordinator at email@example.com for advice in determining your schedule of courses.
- Contact the Registrar at CPE@austin.utexas.edu when you are ready to register for any or all of your courses.
Note: Your bundle purchase is valid for three years from the date of your first course. If you wish to extend this time frame, you may do so by completing a statement of intent and paying a $75 administration fee.
If you did not register for the Business Analysis Certificate Program bundle but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, please fill out this statement of intent to let us know. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will present you with your certificate in your final class.
The Center for Professional Education is an Endorsed Education Provider of the IIBA® (EEP # E48092). IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK® Guide and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis. These trademarks are used with the express permission of International Institute of Business Analysis.