Registration closes at noon on January 24.
Business Analysis Essentials
In the Business Analysis Essentials course, you will be introduced to the techniques, methodologies and concepts of Business Analysis using the International Institute of Business AnalysisTM (IIBA®) A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) Version 3.0.
- Why requirements are important
- Types of requirements
- Underlying competencies for Business Analysts
- Strategy Analysis Knowledge Area
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring Knowledge Area
- Elicitation and Collaboration Knowledge Area
- Requirements Life Cycle Management Knowledge Area
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition Knowledge Area
- Solution Evaluation Knowledge Area
- The BA curriculum
- Current and aspiring business analysts
- Executives and managers
- Project managers
- Why requirements and the BA role are important to project success
- The BA's role and responsibilities
- The BABOK® Guide knowledge areas
- The competencies needed to become an effective business analyst
- How to identify different types of requirements
- How to select a project approach
Save $655 by registering for the Business Analysis Certificate Program, a series of seven courses (including this one) that can be taken in any order. The registration cost for the certificate program is $4,490, while the cost to register for all seven courses separately is $5,145.
It is recommended, but not required, that students purchase International Institute of Business AnalysisTM (IIBA®) A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide), version 3.
The workshop includes material from the International Institute of Business AnalysisTM (IIBA®) Agile Extension to the BABOK® Guide and A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide).
This course may be taken as one of seven classes in the Business Analysis Certificate Program. Sign up to view our on-demand information session about the certificate program. Meet the two instructors, learn about all of the business analysis courses and discover how the certificate program aligns with your career goals.
If you did not register for the Business Analysis Certificate Program bundle but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, you may still be able to obtain it. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at email@example.com. We will present you with your certificate after your final class.
The Center for Professional Education is an Endorsed Education Provider of the IIBA® (EEP # E48092). IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK® Guide and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis. These trademarks are used with the express permission of International Institute of Business Analysis.
For withdrawal, transfer and refund information, see Policy Code A.