Get specialized training in core areas of business law.
Paralegals with a working knowledge of business law procedures and the documentation necessary to maintain corporate structure are extremely valued in today’s corporate environment. You can acquire the diverse skills and knowledge required to represent clients in any area of business law, including organizational and financial aspects in this Business Law Specialist Certificate Program. Through a balance of theory and practical insight, you are exposed to a variety of legal and business issues that lawyers regularly encounter in the global marketplace. Each course includes instructor guidance, exercises, quizzes, chapter reviews, lecture notes and other innovative online learning tools. See required courses and electives to choose from below:
- Business Organizations
- Accounting Law
Once you have begun this program, you will work with your instructor to determine which elective course fits best with your particular area of interest. You will choose one of the following electives:
- Legal Ethics
- Laws of Evidence
- Advanced Legal Research
- Constitutional Law
- Experienced paralegals or individuals with prior legal education wanting specialized training in business law
- We recommend that applicants have one of the following in order to be optimally successful in this course:
- certificate or degree in paralegal studies
- combination of a college degree in any area of study and at least one year of legal experience
- foreign law degree or some law school experience
- Please contact an Enrollment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-471-2924 with any questions or concerns about this program
- Various forms of businesses
- Sole proprietorships
- General and Limited Partnerships
- Formation of a business entity
- Corporate structure
Tuition does not include the cost of required textbooks. The online book link is provided to students once they are enrolled in the program. The books vary from course to course but average anywhere from $45 to $160 per book. However, used books are often available.
This course is not available for college credit.