Get Stuff Done: Building Effective Productivity Skills
Principles of Project Management
03/21/2018 to 03/22/2018
Making the Transition from Employee to Manager
Coaching and Counseling for Improved Performance
Managing and Supervising People
Introduction to Financial Management
Dealing with Difficult People
Become a more effective manager
The Business Management Certificate Program is designed to propel your career forward by helping you develop the skills needed to become a more effective leader, manager or supervisor. As managers move up the organizational ladder, soft skills become just as important as technical skills—after all, the ability to lead and motivate employees is the key to success for any business. Smoothly navigating the transition from individual contributor to a leader of others is more critical than ever for professional advancement.
Taught by working professionals who are leaders in their fields, the Business Management Certificate Program will enhance your management skills with a variety of practical, skills-based learning experiences covering an array of topics. These include coaching, data analytics, emotional intelligence, project management and human resources.
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Supervisors and managers at all career levels
- Managers expecting to take on leadership roles
- Those who are not officially managers but are expected to lead and influence others in their current positions
- Hone your management skills with tips and techniques for effectively delegating and supervising
- Learn the basics of Project Management, Human Resource Management, Data Analytics and Financial Management
- Learn how to motivate and get the best results from your team through effective leadership
These courses are not available for college credit.
The program is delivered in the classroom with face-to-face instruction.
- Select the courses that best fit your needs
- Typical program duration is 8 to 12 months
- The program consists of 8 courses
- The duration of each course is one to two days
- Courses can be taken as they are offered—each course is offered two to three times per year in the fall, spring, and summer terms
Course offerings are subject to change.
We recommend registering for the full certificate program to receive the best discount possible. Each course is priced individually; when taking courses individually, the total cost of the program can be up to $4,260. When you enroll in the certificate program and prepay, you will save up to 15% of the total cost of the package. The cost of the certificate program depends on the courses you select, with course fees ranging from $435 to $695.
By purchasing the certificate package you can:
- Place your tuition on a credit on file until you are ready to attend classes.
- Select your courses now by working with a Program Coordinator.
- Lock in your tuition price.
Please note that students do not have to take all of the upcoming courses—we can help you develop a program schedule or create a personalized training plan.