Coaching as a Leadership Strategy
Today’s workforce has different expectations of and needs from leadership than it has in the past. In this interactive course, you will learn how to move from a management style to a coaching style in order to be a more effective leader for this growing workforce. You will learn the power of questioning, how relational psychological contracts work and why they are important, and how to give continuous feedback while allowing employees the freedom to grow and fail in a supportive work environment.
This course was formerly titled Coaching as a Leadership Skill.
- Individual contributors
- Supervisors and managers at all career levels
- Project Managers
- Team leaders with no official supervisory authority
- Learn to transition from managing to coaching
- Identify the psychological contracts needed in today’s work environment
- Learn what today’s workforce needs and prepare for the future
- Develop questioning skills to facilitate learning
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Find additional information about available discounts.
This course is not available for college credit.