Registration closes at noon on January 19.
Coaching as a Leadership Strategy
Today’s workforce has different expectations of and needs from leadership than it has in the past. In this interactive course, you will learn how to move from a management style to a coaching style in order to be a more effective leader for this growing workforce. You will learn the power of questioning, how relational psychological contracts work and why they are important, and how to give continuous feedback while allowing employees the freedom to grow and fail in a supportive work environment.
- Individual contributors
- Supervisors and managers at all career levels
- Project Managers
- Team leaders with no official supervisory authority
- Learn to transition from managing to coaching
- Identify the psychological contracts needed in today’s work environment
- Learn what today’s workforce needs, and prepare for the future
- Develop questioning skills to facilitate learning
There are no prerequisites for this course.
If you did not register for the Leadership Academy Certificate Program bundle but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, please fill out this statement of intent to let us know. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your certificate will be mailed to you upon completion of your final class.