Effective Business Writing
Writing Policies and Procedures
Dealing with Difficult People
Public Speaking Success in the Modern Business World
Speak Up: Making a Clear and Confident Impression
Strategies for Effective Public Speaking
03/31/2020 to 04/01/2020
Communication Strategies For Introverted Business Professionals
Communicate with confidence and credibility.
Have you ever been awed by someone who always seems to know what to say and how to say it, in any situation? How you communicate reveals a great deal about you and your organization. Successful professionals prepare in advance to make a good impression.
Learn to communicate with poise, diplomacy and confidence in the Communication Skills for Professionals Certificate Program from UT Austin. Designed for individuals interested in developing essential skills for effective writing and speaking, you will learn practical tools and techniques to help you project a positive, polished and professional image in all written and verbal interactions.
Sign up for individual classes or earn the Communication Skills for Professionals certificate by completing seven courses from the list of available one- and two-day courses listed below within three years.
- Professionals at all levels who want to build confidence, credibility and interpersonal communication skills to create powerful relationships
- Professionals responsible for reports, memos, letters and e-mail messages
- Anyone who speaks publicly or gives presentations
- Executive and administrative professionals
- Team leaders and managers
- Sales professionals
- Discover your natural communication style and learn how to adapt to the style of others
- Build harmonious relationships by communicating with tact, diplomacy and credibility
- Develop listening skills to prevent critical misunderstandings
- Understand how to communicate up and down the workplace hierarchy
This table shows upcoming start dates for this program’s courses. Please note that program start dates are subject to change. After registering for the certificate program, email us or call the CPE Registrar at 512-232-6520 to enroll in your chosen courses.
|Communicating with Candor, Compassion and Confidence|
|Communication Strategies For Introverted Business Professionals||11/13/2019||04/08/2020||05/02/2019|
|Dealing with Difficult People||09/17/2019||03/04/2020||07/11/2019|
|Effective Business Writing||10/29/2019||02/05/2020 and 04/29/2020||06/26/2019|
|Mastering Mechanics: Proofreading, Punctuation and Grammar||11/14/2019||04/21/2020||08/20/2019|
|Public Speaking Success in the Modern Business World||12/04/2019||03/05/2020|
|Speak Up: Making a Clear and Confident Impression||11/12/2019||03/25/2020||08/6/2019|
|Strategies for Effective Public Speaking||10/09/2019||03/31/2020||06/18/2019|
|Writing Policies and Procedures||09/25/2019||02/26/2020||06/04/2019|
We recommend registering for the full certificate program to receive the best price possible. Each course is priced individually, but when you enroll in the certificate program and prepay, you'll receive a discount of up to $326 on the total cost of the package.
By purchasing the certificate package you can:
- Lock in your tuition price.
- Consult with an Enrollment and Success Coordinator at email@example.com for advice in determining your schedule of courses.
- Contact the Registrar at CPE@austin.utexas.edu when you are ready to register for any or all of your courses.
Note: Your bundle purchase is valid for three years from the date of your first course. If you wish to extend this time frame, you may do so by completing a statement of intent and paying a $75 administration fee.
If you did not register for the Communication Skills for Professionals Certificate Program bundle but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, please fill out this statement of intent to let us know. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your certificate will be mailed to you upon completion of your final class.