Registration closes at noon on October 4. Please note, class meets on Thursday, October 5 from 1 to 4 p.m. and Friday, October 6 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Learning to deal with conflict effectively is crucial to maintaining healthy professional and personal relationships. In this course, you will have an opportunity to assess how you typically respond to conflict and learn techniques to help address and overcome interpersonal conflict, tension and misunderstanding. You will also gain awareness of the emotional and psychological processes occurring internally when you are dealing with stressful relationships and will learn skills to help you get to the root of the conflict in any situation.
Who Should Enroll:
- Anyone seeking to better understand workplace conflicts and how to resolve them
- Managers, supervisors, facilitators and team leaders
- Project managers and team members
- Assess your own approach to conflict
- Identify different approaches to conflict
- Learn the difference between a need and a strategy
- Understand the difference between facts and the stories we tell ourselves
- Recognize the universal need for respect and emotional safety
- Practice a process for addressing conflict effectively
Complete the online TKI Assessment prior to class. The Center for Professional Education will provide instructions via email for accessing the assessment approximately one week before the class.
- When the course is meeting in-person, you will receive a printed copy of your TKI Profile and Interpretive report the day of the class.
- When the course is meeting online, please save and/or print your TKI Profile and Interpretive Report to review and discuss in class.
Continuing Education Hours:
Project Management Institute: 6.5 PDUs-Business Acumen
Continuing Education Units: .65 CEUs
Society for Human Resource Management: 6.5 PDCs-Business Acumen
Society for Human Resource Management: 6.5 PDCs-Communication
Society for Human Resource Management: 6.5 PDCs-Leadership and Navigation
Society for Human Resource Management: 6.5 PDCs-Relationship Management
Applies Towards Certificates:
Powered by Extended Education Ventures ©The University of Texas at Austin 2023