New registrations take up to two business days before the course can be accessed. Once your registration is processed, your login information will be emailed to you.
Acquire the knowledge and skills needed for paralegals working in contract law.
Having a paralegal with an in-depth understanding of contract law can be very useful to attorneys during the drafting and litigation stages of a case involving an alleged contract breach. The Contract Law Specialist Certificate Program introduces you to the range of issues and processes that are involved when entering an enforcing contract. Learn from real-world cases to build a better understanding of contract drafting, enforcement as well as defenses and remedies for breaches. The program is self-paced allowing you get started anytime and complete assignments on a schedule that is convenient for you. Each course includes instructor guidance, exercises, quizzes, chapter reviews, lecture notes and other innovative online learning tools. See required courses and electives to choose from below:
- Contract Law
- Business Organizations
Once you have begun this program, you will work with your instructor to determine which elective course fits best with your particular area of interest. You will choose one of the following electives:
- Legal Ethics
- Laws of Evidence
- Advanced Legal Research
- Constitutional Law
- Experienced paralegals or individuals with prior legal education needing or wanting specialized legal training in contract law
- We recommend that applicants have one of the following in order to be optimally successful in this course:
- certificate or degree in paralegal studies
- combination of a college degree in any area of study and at least one year of legal experience
- foreign law degree or some law school experience
- Please contact an Enrollment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-471-2924 with any questions or concerns about this program
- Identifying governing rules
- The offer and acceptance
- How a contract is drafted
- Enforcing a contract
- Defenses to allegiance of breach
- Remedies for a breach
- Third party contract issues etc.
Tuition does not include the cost of required textbooks. The online book link is provided to students once they are enrolled in the program. The books vary from course to course but average anywhere from $45 to $160 per book. However, used books are often available.