Critical Problem Solving and Decision Making
Often misjudged as criticism, critical thinking focuses on the ability to follow logical steps, enabling you to arrive at a decisive and appropriate conclusion. From solving problems at work to facing challenging personal situations, critical thinking is a valuable skill for everyone to master.
Improving critical thinking skills will shape you into a more rational and disciplined thinker, reducing your own prejudice and bias, while helping you understand other viewpoints. This workshop provides you with the skills to analyze the way you think as well as evaluate, identify and distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information, leading to a more productive career.
- Any professional engaged in analysis or new to an analyst role
- Project managers and team leaders
- Supervisors and managers at all career levels
- Understand the components of critical thinking
- Develop non-linear thinking skills
- Employ logical thinking
- Evaluate information using critical thinking skills
- Revise perspective, when necessary
- Comprehend essential problem-solving abilities
If you did not register for the Leadership Academy Certificate Program bundle but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, please fill out this statement of intent to let us know. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will present you with your certificate in your final class.