Dealing with Difficult People
When people are difficult to work with, it can create conflict, reduce productivity, lower morale, and even cause physical or mental illness. The good news is that you can learn to work with even the most difficult people, if you know how to effectively deal with their behavior problems. In this one-day course, you will learn about the people, situations and interactions that can result in conflicts and stress at work. It will provide you with practical approaches to maintain productive, positive relationships with a range of difficult personality types.
- Anyone interested in the ability to deal with differing personalities at work
- Employees working in teams
- Team leaders with no official supervisory authority
- Supervisors, managers, leaders and emerging leaders
- Identify attitudes that cause negativity and learn to change them
- Understand how negative reactions to situations occur and how to eliminate them
- Identify the characteristics of negative people and behavior
- Use techniques to respond to negativity
- Spot optimistic vs. pessimistic reactions and learn to promote optimism
There are no prerequisites for this course.