Registration closes at noon on July 11.
Dealing with Difficult People
When co-workers or team members are difficult to work with, it can create conflict, reduce productivity, lower morale, and even cause physical or mental illness. The good news is that you can learn to work with even the most difficult people if you know how to effectively deal with their behavior problems. In this course, you will learn about the people, situations and interactions that can result in conflicts and stress at work. It will provide you with practical approaches to maintain productive, positive relationships with a range of difficult personality types.
- Anyone interested in the ability to deal with differing personalities at work
- Employees working in teams
- Team leaders with no official supervisory authority
- Supervisors, managers, leaders and emerging leaders
- Identify attitudes that cause negativity and learn to change them
- Understand how negative reactions to situations occur and how to eliminate them
- Identify the characteristics of negative people and behavior
- Use techniques to respond to negativity
- Spot optimistic vs. pessimistic reactions and learn to promote optimism
There are no prerequisites for this course.
If you did not register for the Business Management Certificate Program or the Communication Skills for Professionals Certificate Program bundles but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, please fill out this statement of intent to let us know. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at email@example.com (business management courses) or firstname.lastname@example.org (communication courses). Your certificate will be mailed to you upon completion of your final class.