New registrations take up to two business days before the course can be accessed. Once your registration is processed, your login information will be emailed to you.
Specialize in legal services for elders.
The population of the United States is aging, with the Baby Boom generation entering retirement and the need for elder legal services continues to rise. The Elder Law Specialist Certificate Program explores ethical issues and legalities surrounding the health and legal rights of the elderly. You will gain a deeper understanding of topics such as retirement, discrimination, disabilities and medical leave. The program is self-paced allowing you get started anytime and complete assignments on a schedule that is convenient for you. Each course includes instructor guidance, exercises, quizzes, chapter reviews, lecture notes and other innovative online learning tools. See required courses and electives to choose from below:
- Elder Law
- Wills, Trusts, & Estates
Once you have begun this program, you will work with your instructor to determine which elective course fits best with your particular area of interest. You will choose one of the following electives:
- Legal Ethics
- Laws of Evidence
- Advanced Legal Research
- Constitutional Law
- Experienced paralegals or individuals with prior legal education needing or wanting specialized legal training in elder law
- We recommend that applicants have one of the following in order to be optimally successful in this course:
- certificate or degree in paralegal studies
- combination of a college degree in any area of study and at least one year of legal experience
- foreign law degree or some law school experience
- Please contact an Enrollment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-471-2924 with any questions or concerns about this program
- Establishing Employment Relationships
- Evaluation of Performance
- Termination of Employees
- American with Disabilities Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Employee Privacy Rights
Tuition does not include the cost of required textbooks. The online book link is provided to students once they are enrolled in the program. The books vary from course to course but average anywhere from $45 to $160 per book. However, used books are often available.
This course is not available for college credit.