Discover tips, techniques and tools used by successful nonprofit organizations and universities to raise money.
Developed by five experienced fundraisers, this program focuses on the foundations of philanthropy and the fundamentals of professional fundraising. In this online, self-paced program, you will explore universal practices that can be used by any organization, no matter the size, scope or mission, such as best practices of fundraising and proven strategies for Annual Giving, Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Corporate and Foundation Relations.
Organized into six learning modules covering vital aspects of professional fundraising and taught by experts in the field with years of first-hand experience, the Fundraising Certificate Program takes approximately seven hours to complete and provides the specialized training you need to develop, strengthen and support your fundraising success.
Note: Modules must be taken in the order listed below since each module builds on the previous module’s content.
- Certificate Introduction: Gain an understanding of professional fundraising with an introductory overview of the program.
- Foundations of Philanthropy: Explore the history and evolution of philanthropy in the United States, the psychology of philanthropy, donor motivation and the role of boards and board members.
- Annual Giving: This course delves into annual giving strategy and tactics, who should be making annual gifts, finding new donors, donor segmentation and donor stewardship.
- Major Gifts: Develop your ability to craft major gift fundraising strategy, while mastering the major gift development cycle, communication, stewardship and relationship management. Making the ask, campaign strategy and event fundraising round out the rest of this course.
- Planned Giving: Learn best practices of planned giving, including relevant audiences, effective marketing, gift plans, stewardship and strategy.
- Corporate and Foundation Relations: Expand your understanding of institutional giving as we cover the principles of foundation relations, grant writing and corporate relations.
- Individuals interested in starting a career at a nonprofit organization or university.
- Social entrepreneurs, founders and leaders of nonprofit organizations.
- Current nonprofit staff and volunteers looking to improve their fundraising knowledge.
- Higher education leadership, faculty and staff.
- Expand your knowledge of proven best practices used by nonprofit organizations and universities to successfully raise money.
- Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of professional fundraising, including annual giving; major gifts; planned giving; and corporate and foundation relations.
- Learn the best practices for grant writing and submitting proposals to foundations and corporations for funding support.
- Understand the psychology of giving and the history of philanthropy in the United States.
This course is offered in partnership with Elective Learning LLC and is accredited through CFRE.