New registrations take up to two business days before the course can be accessed. Once your registration is processed, your login information will be emailed to you.
Learn the latest trends and procedures of healthcare law.
Given the dramatic changes in healthcare policy and regulation over the past decade, legal healthcare specialists have become increasingly important in the healthcare industry. Learn to work with attorneys to ensure patients’ rights are respected, procedures are properly followed, and clients are better served by both the medical and legal processes. Examine topics such as malpractice, personal injury, insurance claims and defense, negligence, child welfare, social services, elder care and administrative law. The program is self-paced allowing you get started anytime and complete assignments on a schedule that is convenient for you. Each course includes instructor guidance, exercises, quizzes, chapter reviews, lecture notes and other innovative online learning tools. See required courses and electives to choose from below:
- Healthcare Law
- Administrative Law
Once you have begun this program, you will work with your instructor to determine which elective course fits best with your particular area of interest. You will choose one of the following electives:
- Legal Ethics
- Laws of Evidence
- Advanced Legal Research
- Constitutional Law
- Experienced paralegals or individuals with prior legal education needing or wanting specialized legal training in heathcare law
- We recommend that applicants have one of the following in order to be optimally successful in this course:
- certificate or degree in paralegal studies
- combination of a college degree in any area of study and at least one year of legal experience
- foreign law degree or some law school experience
- Please contact an Enrollment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-471-2924 with any questions or concerns about this program
- Health care delivery
- State and Federal roles in regulation
- Patient/Physician relationship
- Ethical decision making
- Fraud and abuse
Tuition does not include the cost of required textbooks. The online book link is provided to students once they are enrolled in the program. The books vary from course to course but average anywhere from $45 to $160 per book. However, used books are often available.
This course is not available for college credit.