Enhance your organization. Enhance your career.
If you’re planning to take the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™) certification exam, the Certificate in Human Resources Management provides the information you need to pass these exams. The program curriculum is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). You will receive high-quality exam preparation through expert instruction and peer discussion. Upon completion of the program, you will also have the skills necessary to navigate labor management, compliance and regulatory issues, use performance metrics to measure ROI, and contribute to company success by aligning HR processes with organizational goals.
For SHRM exam requirements and dates, visit SHRMcertification.org.
- Current and aspiring HR practitioners who want to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company
- Business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- Learn the essential roles and responsibilities of human resource professionals
- Become familiar with human resource-related laws and compliance and liability issues
- Develop strategies for recruiting the best employees and successfully on-boarding and training them
- Gain an overview of various compensation and benefits systems
The Human Resource Management Certificate Program is an intensive course and will require additional study outside of class hours.
The program is open to those new to human resources, however, you may consider taking the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course prior to enrolling in the Human Resource Management Certificate Program if you do not have any HR work experience. We recommend a minimum of two years of human resources experience to get the most out of the course. However, be aware that in order to be eligible to sit for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam, you must meet specific educational and work experience criteria. Learn more on the SHRM website.
Note: All students receive digital and printed copies of the SHRM Learning System. Materials for the course will be shipped directly from SHRM to your preferred address. In order to receive printed materials in advance of the first class session, you are encouraged to complete your registration by the priority registration date listed under Section Notes for your selected course.
Registrations are still accepted after the priority registration date, however, the UT Austin Center for Professional Education cannot guarantee that the physical materials will arrive by the first day of class. All registrants will have access to digital materials prior to the first class date.
Find additional information about optional career services.
This is a Canvas-based program.
Students using the Tuition Payment Plan must pay 40% of the program fee plus a $125 non-refundable deposit at the time of enrollment.