New registrations take up to two business days before the course can be accessed. Once your registration is processed, your login information will be emailed to you.
Protect ideas, inventions and businesses with an education in Intellectual Property Law
Intellectual property law protects brands, inventions, original works and new businesses. As a paralegal working in this legal area, you are helping to ensure opportunities and jobs continue to grow and flourish by protecting people’s rights and ideas. If you are interested in a career in intellectual law, the Intellectual Property Law Specialist Certificate Program provides an in-depth education on topics including patent rights, trademarks and copyright protection laws and related areas. The program is self-paced allowing you get started anytime and complete assignments on a schedule that is convenient for you. Each course includes instructor guidance, exercises, quizzes, chapter reviews, lecture notes and other innovative online learning tools. See required courses and electives to choose from below:
- Intellectual Property Law
- Administrative Law
Once you have begun this program, you will work with your instructor to determine which elective course fits best with your particular area of interest. You will choose one of the following electives:
- Legal Ethics
- Laws of Evidence
- Advanced Legal Research
- Constitutional Law
- Experienced paralegals or individuals with prior legal education needing or wanting specialized legal training in intellectual property law
- We recommend that applicants have one of the following in order to be optimally successful in this course:
- certificate or degree in paralegal studies
- combination of a college degree in any area of study and at least one year of legal experience
- foreign law degree or some law school experience
- Please contact an Enrollment Coordinator at email@example.com or 512-471-2924 with any questions or concerns about this program
- Learn the foundations of trademark law including the trademark registration process
- Understand post-registration issues including infringement
- Learn foundations of copyright law, copyright registration, copyright infringement
- Study patent transfers, patent infringement, unfair competition, and trade secrets laws
Tuition does not include the cost of required textbooks. The online book link is provided to students once they are enrolled in the program. The books vary from course to course but average anywhere from $45 to $160 per book. However, used books are often available.
This course is not available for college credit.