Learn what it takes to manage a law office.
A great law office manager has the skills and experience related to the law and also possesses strong administrative skills needed to manage an office and it’s daily functions. Paralegals often times fill these management roles and if you’re interested in growing your career into law office administration, the Law Office Administration Specialist Certificate Program can give you the foundational knowledge needed to step into that role. Topics covered include personnel relations and ethics, client relationship management as well as financial management including timekeeping, billing, legal fees and funds. The program is online and self-paced allowing you get started anytime and complete assignments on a schedule that is convenient for you. Each course includes instructor guidance, exercises, quizzes, chapter reviews, lecture notes and other innovative online learning tools. See required courses and electives to choose from below:
- Law Office Administration
- Employment Law
Once you have begun this program, you will work with your instructor to determine which elective course fits best with your particular area of interest. You will choose one of the following electives:
- Legal Ethics
- Laws of Evidence
- Advanced Legal Research
- Constitutional Law
- Experienced paralegals or individuals with prior legal education needing or wanting specialized legal training in law office adminitration
- We recommend that applicants have one of the following in order to be optimally successful in this course:
- certificate or degree in paralegal studies
- combination of a college degree in any area of study and at least one year of legal experience
- foreign law degree or some law school experience
- Personnel relations
- Ethics and client relations
- Issues regarding legal fees
- Timekeeping and billing
- Financial Management and client funds
- Law office technology and systems
- Docket control and record management
Tuition does not include the cost of required textbooks. The online book link is provided to students once they are enrolled in the program. The books vary from course to course but average anywhere from $45 to $160 per book. However, used books are often available.
This course is not available for college credit.