Building Psychological Safety for Your Team
03/04/2024 to 03/05/2024
Pitching YOU: Promote Your Best Self
03/06/2024 to 03/07/2024
Women in Leadership: Empowered Leadership Development
Unlocking Your Leadership through the Power of Emotional Intelligence
Business Improv - Think On Your Feet in the Workplace
Making the Transition from Employee to Manager
Leading Change in Your Organization
Workplace Resilience: Building Confidence and Mental Strength
05/01/2024 to 05/02/2024
Build your leadership skills and advance your career.
The Leadership Academy Certificate is designed to challenge your perceptions about leadership and the values that shape it. It encourages you to think differently as you experience a variety of learning situations, in-depth discussions and valuable peer interaction. No matter your job title or career level, you will learn to use leadership skills to influence direction, achieve goals, build trust and create passion in your organization. And, significantly, you will do it your way—by creating a personalized program of directed study that suits your needs as a leader and mirrors the ambition that will take you to that next level.
Your customized eight-course program will establish a solid foundation for leadership and catapult you to higher performance. Simply decide which of the leadership courses match your goals as a leader and begin your certificate today.
- Anyone seeking to develop or expand their leadership skills
- Supervisors and managers at all career levels
- Team leaders with no official supervisory authority
- Become a better leader by learning what motivates your team and honing your soft skills
- Learn what separates a leader from a manager, and the difference between a team and a group
- Learn how to use your power and influence to achieve goals, build trust, and create passion in your organization
This table shows upcoming start dates for this program’s courses. Please note that program start dates are subject to change. After registering for the certificate program, email us or call the CPE Registrar at 512-232-6520 to enroll in your chosen courses.
Currently, classes are being delivered online via Zoom and in-person.
- Typical program duration is 8 to 12 months
- The program consists of eight courses
- The duration of each course is one to two days (see individual course information for details)
- Courses can be taken as they are offered—each course is offered two to three times per year in the fall, spring and summer terms
Course offerings are subject to change.
We recommend registering for the full certificate program to receive the best price possible. Each course is priced individually; when taking courses individually, the total cost of the program can be more than $4,000. When you enroll in the certificate program and prepay for eight courses, you will save up to 15% on the total cost of your courses.
By purchasing the certificate package you can:
- Lock in your tuition price.
- Consult with an Enrollment and Success Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice in determining your schedule of courses.
- Contact the Registrar at CPE@austin.utexas.edu when you are ready to register for any or all of your courses.
Note: Your bundle purchase is valid for three years from the date of your first course.
If you did not register for the Leadership Academy Certificate Program bundle but are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, you can still do so by taking each course individually. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at email@example.com. You may request your certificate upon completion of your final class and it will be emailed to you.
All Leadership Academy courses are approved by various professional associations for continuing education hours—check the course listing for specific CEUs.