Fostering Innovation: Creating the Space for New Ideas
Building a Mindfulness Practice at Work
Lead the People - Your Project Will Follow
Making the Transition from Employee to Manager
The Power of Leadership Presence
Business Improv - Think On Your Feet in the Workplace
Thriving in the Chaos of Change
Build your leadership skills and advance your career.
The Leadership Academy Certificate is designed to challenge your perceptions about leadership and the values that shape it. It encourages you to think differently as you experience a variety of learning situations, in-depth discussions and valuable peer interaction. No matter your job title or career level, you will learn to use leadership skills to influence direction, achieve goals, build trust and create passion in your organization. And, significantly, you will do it your way—by creating a personalized program of directed study that suits your needs as a leader and mirrors the ambition that will take you to that next level.
Your customized eight-course program will establish a solid foundation for leadership and catapult you to higher performance. Simply decide which of the leadership courses match your goals as a leader and begin your certificate today.
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Supervisors and managers
- Managers expecting to take on leadership roles
- Those who are not officially managers but are expected to lead and influence others in their current positions
- Become a better leader by learning what motivates your team and honing your soft skills
- Learn what separates a leader from a manager, and the difference between a team and a group
- Learn how to use your power and influence to achieve goals, build trust, and create passion in your organization
All Leadership Academy courses are approved by various professional associations for continuing education hours—check the course listing for specific CEUs.
The program is delivered in the classroom with face-to-face instruction.
- Typical program duration is 8 to 12 months
- The program consists of eight courses
- The duration of each course is one to two days (see individual course information for details)
- Courses can be taken as they are offered—each course is offered two to three times per year in the fall, spring and summer terms
Course offerings are subject to change.
We recommend registering for the full certificate program to receive the best price possible. Each course is priced individually; when taking courses individually, the total cost of the program can be more than $4,000. When you enroll in the certificate program and prepay for eight courses, you will save up to 15% on the total cost of your courses.
By purchasing the certificate package you can:
- Lock in your tuition price.
- Consult with an Enrollment and Success Coordinator at email@example.com for advice in determining your schedule of courses.
- Contact the Registrar at CPE@austin.utexas.edu when you are ready to register for any or all of your courses.
Note: Your bundle purchase is valid for three years from the date of your first course. If you wish to extend this time frame, you may do so by completing a statement of intent and paying a $75 administration fee.
If you did not register for the Leadership Academy Certificate Program bundle but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, please fill out this statement of intent to let us know. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will present you with your certificate in your final class.