Leading Change in Your Organization
Research by the Conference Board, a leading non-profit business membership organization and independent source of economic information, suggests that almost 80 percent of organizational change efforts fail. These failures are not the result of faulty strategy, new processes or procedures, organizational redesign, updated systems or new technology, as you might expect. The major reason attempts at organization change fail is ignoring the interpersonal dynamics of change.
In this one-day course you will be introduced to the fundamentals of change management in an organizational setting. Learn how to address the impact of change—on your team, on your organization and on you.
- Business owners and entrepreneurs
- Functional heads in Communication, Finance, HR, IT and other business units
- Supervisors and managers at all career levels
- Understand the human impact of organizational change
- Increase your ability to build support for and adapt to change
- Learn how to lead and speed the adoption and implementation of a change effort
- Identify and develop the skills necessary to lead change more effectively
There are no prerequisites for this course.
If you enroll in this course, we would recommend not enrolling in Thriving in the Chaos of Change due to content overlap. Please feel free to reach out to the Program Coordinator with questions.
If you did not register for the Leadership Academy Certificate Program bundle but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, please fill out this statement of intent to let us know. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at email@example.com. We will present you with your certificate in your final class.