Registration closes at noon on November 7.
Making the Transition from Employee to Manager
The transition from individual contributor to manager often happens quickly and may not include training or additional support. In this course you will learn the fundamentals of entry-level management skills and techniques and develop an action plan for applying what you learn back on the job. With these skills, you will be able to manage with confidence and demonstrate success quickly in that all-important first management role.
- Anyone interested in exploring management roles and responsibilities
- Aspiring or newly promoted managers
- Managers who have not received formal professional development
- Gain a deeper understanding of your roles and responsibilities as a manager
- Appreciate the difference between being a manager and being an individual contributor
- Determine your own personal style as a manager and gain insight into your strengths and limitations
- Learn the basics of employment law and understand your actions in applying them in the workplace
- Explore the importance of delegation as a key management skill and learn the steps to take for successful delegation