Making the Transition from Employee to Manager
The transition from individual contributor to manager often happens quickly and may not include training or additional support. In this one-day course you will learn the fundamentals of entry-level management skills and techniques and develop an action plan for applying what you learn back on the job. With these skills, you will be able to manage with confidence and demonstrate success quickly in that all-important first management role.
- Individuals interested in exploring the role of manager
- Newly promoted managers seeking to develop essential skills
- Current managers who have not received formal development
- Gain a deeper understanding of your roles and responsibilities as a manager
- Appreciate the difference between being a manager and being an individual contributor
- Determine your own personal style as a manager and gain insight into your strengths and limitations
- Learn the basics of employment law and understand your actions in applying them in the workplace
- Explore the importance of delegation as a key management skill and learn the steps to take for successful delegation
If you did not register for the Business Management Certificate Program or Leadership Academy Certificate Program bundle but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, please fill out this statement of intent to let us know. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at email@example.com. We will present you with your certificate in your final class.