Learn essential skills to jump-start your management career.
Successfully leading and managing teams requires a specific skill set, which often can’t be acquired “on-the-job” without painful trial and error. You must develop a new professional toolkit that includes both leadership traits and practical capabilities to ensure the success of your team members and projects.
Through the Management Fundamentals Certificate Program, you will learn the essential skills needed to jump-start your management career, from interpersonal communication skills needed to support and empower your team to the fundamentals of basic financial management.
- Aspiring or newly promoted managers.
- Team leaders, managers and supervisors who have not received training in management skills.
- Project managers and individuals without management authority who are expected to lead and influence others.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a manager in any industry.
- Identify your personal management style and determine your strengths and areas for potential growth.
- Learn effective methods for goal-setting, delegation and accountability for yourself and your team.
- Build fundamental, practical financial management skills.
To earn the Management Fundamentals Certificate, you must successfully complete a total of four courses:
- All three required courses listed here
- One course from the list of electives below
Courses can be taken as they are offered, with no particular order required. Each course is offered two to three times per year in the fall, spring and summer terms.
This table shows upcoming start dates for this program’s courses. Please note that program start dates are subject to change. After registering for the certificate program, email us or call the CPE Registrar at 512-232-6520 to enroll in your chosen courses.
Choose one of the following courses to round out your certificate based on your specific needs.
|Assertiveness Skills for Managers||11/02/2023||02/13/2024||08/16/2023|
|Business Improv - Think On Your Feet in the Workplace||04/17/2024|
|Essentials of Dynamic Communication||09/01/2023||02/09/2024||06/23/2023|
|Fundamentals of Negotiation||09/22/2023|
|Paths to Organizational Influence||10/24/2023|
Classes are being delivered online via Zoom and in-person.
- To earn the Management Fundamentals Certificate, you must successfully complete four courses:
- All three required courses
- One course from the list of electives
- Typical program duration is 4 to 6 months
- The duration of each course is one to two days
- Courses can be taken as they are offered—each course is offered two to three times per year in the fall, spring, and summer terms
Course offerings are subject to change.
We recommend registering for the full certificate program to receive the best price possible. When you enroll in the certificate program and prepay, you will save up to 15% of the total cost of the four-course package.
By purchasing the certificate package you can:
- Lock in your tuition price.
- Consult with an Enrollment and Success Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice in determining your schedule of courses.
- Contact the Registrar at CPE@austin.utexas.edu when you are ready to register for any or all of your courses.
Note: Your bundle purchase is valid for 18 months from the date of your first course.
UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate:
If you did not register for the Management Fundamentals Certificate Program bundle but are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, you can still do so by taking each course individually. You have 18 months to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at email@example.com. You may request your certificate upon completion of your final class, and it will be emailed to you.