Registration closes at noon on March 8.
Mastering Mechanics: Proofreading, Punctuation and Grammar
Is it me or I? His and her or their? One space or two after periods? Professionals who can write clearly and correctly save themselves and their organizations time and effort from repeated proofreading reviews.
Small mistakes in writing can make significant negative impressions in the workplace and diminish your credibility. In this course, you will learn the standard rules for proper usage and grammar, including commas, colons, semicolons, parenthesis and commonly confused words like “effect” and “affect.” You and your fellow classmates will work in teams to apply what you learn in hands-on exercises and activities. Return to your job with greater confidence and ability when writing any document.
This course was formerly titled Grammar and Punctuation for Business Communication.
- Marketing and communications professionals, including social media managers
- Anyone responsible for writing, proofing or approving business and marketing communications
- Employees and managers throughout the organization
- Anyone considering going back to school after a long break
- Proofread more effectively
- Understand the correct use of punctuation marks
- Identify the parts and structure of sentences
- Discover how to get better results from your writing
- Recognize the differences between commonly confused and misused words
- Improve confidence when writing and proofreading
Please bring at least three pages of text to class so that you can apply the grammar and punctuation lessons and practice new proofreading strategies.