Advance your career with a globally-recognized certificate completely online
The Online Project Management Certificate Program is intended to enhance your project management skills through globally-recognized processes and a proven framework for leading and directing projects and teams. You will learn the most up-to-date methodology in delivering project results within constraints such as schedule, budget and available resources. This program is industry-driven and takes learners through the essential processes in a logical and sequential way to prepare them to move up in their careers while also providing the education requirements needed to sit for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certification exams. This course is offered completely online and self-paced, accommodating for busy schedules and allowing you to learn when you want at the pace you prefer.
- Professionals seeking a career change
- Managers wanting to learn best practices to implement at work
- Experienced project managers looking for formal training to certify their skills
- Project managers seeking training and contact hours to sit for the PMP® exam
- Oil and gas industry engineers, project managers and others who want to improve their project outcomes with proven methodologies
- Learn to integrate project management-related functions that are related to scope, time, cost, quality, human resource management, communication, risk management, and procurement
- Apply fundamental project management principles, theories, and practices, including the basic concepts described in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition, published by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®
- Use project management tools and techniques that are effective in initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing a project
- Meet the 35-hour education requirement to qualify to take the PMP® or CAPM® exam
This program is aligned with the industry standards developed by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® and utilizes A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition (Project Management Institute, Inc.).
Find additional information about optional career services.
Find additional information about available discounts.
As a PMI Registered Education Provider, The University of Texas at Austin’s Center for Professional Education (CPE) has been approved by PMI to issue professional development units (PDUs) for our courses. (Provider # 1616).
Project Management Professional (PMP), A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) and PMI are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.