Expand your knowledge of personal injury law.
Lawsuits concerning torts and personal injury are numerous, and there are many opportunities for paralegals specializing in this area. If you are interested in exploring the role you would play as a personal injury paralegal, the Personal Injury Law Specialist Certificate Program provides an in-depth education on topics including causes of action, and remedies available to victims of personal injury accidents. You will review the negligence theory of torts upon which many personal injury claims are based and learn interviewing, investigating and other case building techniques vital to a personal injury paralegal's success in the law office. The program is self-paced allowing you get started anytime and complete assignments on a schedule that is convenient for you. Each course includes instructor guidance, exercises, quizzes, chapter reviews, lecture notes and other innovative online learning tools. See required courses and electives to choose from below:
- Torts and Personal Injury Law
- Laws of Evidence
Once you have begun this program, you will work with your instructor to determine which elective course fits best with your particular area of interest. You will choose one of the following electives:
- Legal Ethics
- Advanced Legal Research
- Constitutional Law
- Experienced paralegals or individuals with prior legal education needing or wanting specialized legal training in personal injury law
- We recommend that applicants have one of the following in order to be optimally successful in this course:
- certificate or degree in paralegal studies
- combination of a college degree in any area of study and at least one year of legal experience
- foreign law degree or some law school experience
- Please contact an Enrollment Coordinator at email@example.com or 512-471-2924 with any questions or concerns about this program
- Potential tort actions
- Intentional torts
- Elements of claims
- Defenses to claims
- Litigation strategies
- Negligent torts
- Breach of contract claims
Tuition does not include the cost of required textbooks. The online book link is provided to students once they are enrolled in the program. The books vary from course to course but average anywhere from $45 to $160 per book. However, used books are often available.
This course is not available for college credit.