Advance your career with a globally-recognized certificate
The Project Management Certificate Program is intended to enhance your project management skills through globally recognized processes and a proven framework for leading and directing projects and teams. You will learn the most up-to-date methodology in delivering project results within constraints such as schedule, budget and available resources. This program is industry-driven and takes learners through the essential processes in a logical and sequential way to prepare them to move up in their careers while also providing the education requirements needed to sit for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® or the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certification exams. Offered in the classroom conveniently in the evenings.
- Professionals seeking a career change
- Managers wanting to learn best practices to implement at work
- Experienced project managers looking for formal training to certify their skills
- Project managers seeking training and contact hours to sit for the PMP® exam
- Oil and gas industry engineers, project managers and others who want to improve their project outcomes with proven methodologies
- Learn to integrate project management-related functions that are related to scope, time, cost, quality, human resource management, communication, risk management and procurement
- Apply fundamental project management principles, theories, and practices, including the basic concepts described in the most current version of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), published by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®
- Use project management tools and techniques that are effective in initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing a project
- Meet the 35-hour education requirement to qualify to take the PMP® or CAPM® exam
This program is aligned with the most current industry standards developed by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® and utilizes A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Sixth Edition (Project Management Institute, Inc.). Students are required to purchase this textbook and may need to bring to each course meeting. (Note that the fall 2017 course was taught with the fifth edition.)
Find additional information about optional career services.
This course is not available for college credit.
The Center for Professional Education (CPE) is proud to be approved to train veteran eligible persons.
Find additional information about available discounts.
As a PMI Registered Education Provider, The University of Texas at Austin’s Center for Professional Education (CPE) has been approved by PMI to issue professional development units (PDUs) for our courses. (Provider # 1616).
Project Management Professional (PMP), A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), and PMI are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.