Registration closes at noon on July 19.
Public Speaking Success in the Modern Business World
Comedian Jerry Seinfeld famously made audiences laugh by speaking about how, according to studies, people are more afraid of public speaking than death. Joking aside, this fear is holding us back from communicating our messages effectively. This session will incorporate cutting-edge research from social psychology to TED Talks on building a positive mindset and managing speaking anxiety. Best practices in slide design and special challenges concerning modern presentations will be explored, from webinars to video and phone conferences. Coupled with how to speak in a compelling manner, manage audience engagement, answer questions concisely, and other “quick win” approaches, this session will elevate your public speaking know-how. Activities and discussions will be incorporated throughout the class to guarantee a powerful blend of strategies and practice.
- Professionals who make presentations or lead meetings
- Sales professionals
- Anyone who wants to develop or polish their speaking skills
- Understand the science behind stage fright and learn tips to manage it
- Connect to your audience through being conversational
- Practice “quick win” strategies and get individual feedback on how to improve
- Learn how to make an unforgettable impression
- Inspire trust and credibility through strong opening and closing
Course was previously Public Speaking for the Modern Business World.