New registrations take up to two business days before the course can be accessed. Once your registration is processed, your login information will be sent via email.
Expand your knowledge of real estate law
Paralegals working in real estate law are often tasked with drafting sales contracts, leases, and property management agreements as well as mitigating issues related to restrictive covenants, lease-holds, and home – owner associations. If you are interested in working in this area of the law, the Real Estate Law Specialist Certificate Program provides an in-depth education on topics including surveys and land descriptions, public regulations, contract, leases and deed, closing and financial transactions. The program is self-paced allowing you get started anytime and complete assignments on a schedule that is convenient for you. Each course includes instructor guidance, exercises, quizzes, chapter reviews, lecture notes and other innovative online learning tools. See required courses and electives to choose from below:
- Real Estate Law
- Administrative Law
Once you have begun this program, you will work with your instructor to determine which elective course fits best with your particular area of interest. You will choose one of the following electives:
- Legal Ethics
- Laws of Evidence
- Advanced Legal Research
- Constitutional Law
- Experienced paralegals or individuals with prior legal education needing or wanting specialized legal training in real estate law
- We recommend that applicants have one of the following in order to be optimally successful in this course:
- certificate or degree in paralegal studies
- combination of a college degree in any area of study and at least one year of legal experience
- foreign law degree or some law school experience
- Please contact an Enrollment Coordinator at email@example.com or 512-471-2924 with any questions or concerns about this program
- The law of real estate property
- Surveys and land descriptions
- Public regulation
- Contracts, deeds, and leases
- Financing real estate transactions
This course is not available for college credit
Tuition does not include the cost of required textbooks. The online book link is provided to students once they are enrolled in the program. The books vary from course to course but average anywhere from $45 to $160 per book. However, used books are often available.
No discounts are available for this program.