Registration closes at noon on August 8.
SHRM Essentials of Human Resources
SHRM Essentials® of HR Management is an introductory course offering a complete overview of real-life human resource issues and important topics, including employment law, selecting qualified employees, compensation, new employee orientation and training and the performance management process.
In this course, you will build the foundation you need to succeed in our Human Resource Management Certificate Program, and you can earn Professional Development Credits (PDCs) or recertification credit hours.
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Job seekers who are investigating HR as a new career option or want to have HR as a skill for future positions
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company
- Business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New managers who need to learn the fundamentals of employee management
- Learn the essential roles and responsibilities of human resource professionals
- Become familiar with human resource-related laws and compliance and liability issues
- Develop strategies for recruiting the best employees and successfully on-boarding and training them
- Gain an overview of various compensation and benefits systems
Students will receive digital course materials through the SHRM Learning System.