Registration closes at noon on August 2.
SHRM Essentials of Human Resources
SHRM Essentials® of HR Management is an introductory course offering a complete overview of real-life human resource issues and important topics, including employment law, selecting qualified employees, compensation, new employee orientation and training and the performance management process.
In this course, you will build the foundation you need to succeed in our Human Resource Management Certificate Program, and you can earn Professional Development Credits (PDCs) or recertification credit hours.
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company
- Business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- Job seekers who are investigating HR as a new career option or want to have HR as a skill for future positions
- Learn the essential roles and responsibilities of human resource professionals
- Become familiar with human resource-related laws and compliance and liability issues
- Develop strategies for recruiting the best employees and successfully on-boarding and training them
- Gain an overview of various compensation and benefits systems
If you did not register for the Business Management Certificate Program bundle but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, please fill out this statement of intent to let us know. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at email@example.com. Your certificate will be mailed to you upon completion of your final class.