New registrations take up to two business days before the course can be accessed. Once your registration is processed, your login information will be emailed to you.
Work in the competitive field of sports law
Historically, sports law has been lumped in with other legal entertainment representation. However, with the recent increase of large-scale sporting events and professional leagues, this area of law is deserving of its own focus. If you are interested in working in this area of the legal field, the Sports Law Specialist Certificate Program provides an in-depth education on topics including representing agents and agencies, contracts, sports related crimes, disabilities and reolution disputes. The program is self-paced allowing you get started anytime and complete assignments on a schedule that is convenient for you. Each course includes instructor guidance, exercises, quizzes, chapter reviews, lecture notes and other innovative online learning tools. See required courses and electives to choose from below:
- Administrative Law
- Media and Entertainment Law
Once you have begun this program, you will work with your instructor to determine which elective course fits best with your particular area of interest. You will choose one of the following electives:
- Legal Ethics
- Laws of Evidence
- Advanced Legal Research
- Experienced paralegals and other legal staff needing or wanting specialized legal training in sports law.
- Agents and agencies
- Sports contracts
- Sports related crimes
- Title IX
- Sports related disabilities
- Alternative Disputes Resolution in sports
To enroll, students must possess or have successfully completed one of the following:
- A recognized Paralegal Certificate Program.
- An Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies.
- A Bachelor's Degree with a Paralegal Major.
- A Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree in any field of study and proof of employment as a paralegal or legal assistant for the past five years in a law firm or corporation under the direct supervision of an attorney.
If you are registering online, please email one of the above supporting documents to email@example.com. If one of the supporting documents is not received, your registration will not be processed. For questions regarding course prerequisite, please contact the Program Coordinator listed.
Students have 6 months from the date of registration to complete the program.
This course is not available for college credit.
Tuition does not include the cost of required textbooks. The online book link is provided to students once they are enrolled in the program. The books vary from course to course but average anywhere from $45 to $160 per book. However, used books are often available.