Understanding Business Strategy
This one-day course takes you through the process of building a strong business case for your projects. Learn the start to finish steps from defining the business need using techniques like systems thinking and root cause analysis, to analyzing capability gaps and defining the scope to preparing a strong business case including costs and benefits.
- Defining measurable objectives
- Systems thinking
- Root cause analysis techniques
- Defining the desired outcomes
- Enterprise architecture frameworks
- SWOT analysis
- Determining the solution approach
- Conducting a feasibility study
- Determining the implementation approach
- Analyzing solution costs and benefits
- Risk analysis
- Components of the business case
This course was formerly titled Building the Business Case.
- Business analysts
- Functional managers
- Project managers
- Programmers interested in expanding their effectiveness
- Other individuals involved in project work
- How to create measurable objectives
- How to define the business need and the desired outcomes
- How to perform a root cause analysis to identify the cause of a problem
- How to analyze capability gaps
- Understand commonly used enterprise architecture frameworks
- How to select the solution approach
- How to define the scope of the solution
- How to analyze costs and benefits
- How to analyze risks
- How to prepare a business case
Save $655 by registering for the Business Analysis Certificate Program, a series of seven courses (including this one) that can be taken in any order. The registration cost for the certificate program is $4,490, while the cost to register for all seven courses separately is $5,145.
Find additional information about available discounts.
This course includes material and techniques from the Enterprise Analysis and Solution Assessment and Validation Knowledge Areas in the International Institute of Business AnalysisTM (IIBA®) A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide).
The Center for Professional Education is an Endorsed Education Provider of the IIBA® (EEP # E48092). IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK® Guide and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis. These trademarks are used with the express permission of International Institute of Business Analysis.
This course is not available for college credit.