Registration closes at noon on 03/18/24.
Understanding Business Strategy
The ability to develop a strong business case is paramount for business analysts. Organizations depend on their analysts to identify needs in their organizations and research and present options to address the needs through a business case.
Learn how to determine if a new business initiative is worth pursuing in this course. Discover how to analyze the business need using techniques like systems thinking and root cause analysis. Study how to analyze capability gaps and define the scope of the solution. You will leave class ready to prepare a strong business case that aligns with your business strategy.
- Defining measurable objectives
- Systems thinking
- Root cause analysis techniques
- Defining the desired outcomes
- Enterprise architecture frameworks
- SWOT analysis
- Determining the solution approach
- Conducting a feasibility study
- Determining the implementation approach
- Analyzing solution costs and benefits
- Risk analysis
- Assembling the business case
- Current and aspiring business analysts
- Executives and managers
- Project managers
- How to create measurable objectives
- How to define the business need and the desired outcomes
- How to perform a root cause analysis to identify the cause of a problem
- How to analyze capability gaps
- Understand commonly used enterprise architecture frameworks
- How to select the solution approach
- How to define the scope of the solution
- How to analyze costs and benefits
- How to analyze risks
- How to prepare a business case
Students are not required to take the courses in any specific order; however, for students new to the field of business analysis, we recommend starting with Business Analysis Essentials. All students must complete this course as part of the certificate program.
Save $655 by registering for the Business Analysis Certificate Program, a series of seven courses (including this one) that can be taken in any order. The registration cost for the certificate program is $4,490, while the cost to register for all seven courses separately is $5,145.
It is recommended, but not required, that students purchase International Institute of Business AnalysisTM (IIBA®) A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide), version 3.
The workshop includes material from the International Institute of Business AnalysisTM (IIBA®) Agile Extension to the BABOK® Guide and A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide).
This course may be taken as one of seven classes in the Business Analysis Certificate Program. Sign up to view our on-demand information session about the certificate program. Meet the two instructors, learn about all of the business analysis courses and discover how the certificate program aligns with your career goals.
If you did not register for the Business Analysis Certificate Program bundle but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, you may still be able to obtain it. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at email@example.com. We will present you with your certificate after your final class.
The Center for Professional Education is an Endorsed Education Provider of the IIBA® (EEP # E48092). IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK® Guide and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis. These trademarks are used with the express permission of International Institute of Business Analysis.