Understanding Business Strategy
Learn how to determine if a new business initiative is worth pursuing in this one-day course. Discover how to analyze the business need using techniques like systems thinking and root cause analysis. Study how to analyze capability gaps and define the scope. You will leave class ready to prepare an strong business case that aligns with your business strategy.
- Defining measurable objectives
- Systems thinking
- Root cause analysis techniques
- Defining the desired outcomes
- Enterprise architecture frameworks
- SWOT analysis
- Determining the solution approach
- Conducting a feasibility study
- Determining the implementation approach
- Analyzing solution costs and benefits
- Risk analysis
- Components of the business case
This course was formerly titled Building the Business Case.
- Business analysts
- Executives and functional managers
- Project managers
- Programmers interested in expanding their effectiveness
- Other individuals involved in project work
- How to create measurable objectives
- How to define the business need and the desired outcomes
- How to perform a root cause analysis to identify the cause of a problem
- How to analyze capability gaps
- Understand commonly used enterprise architecture frameworks
- How to select the solution approach
- How to define the scope of the solution
- How to analyze costs and benefits
- How to analyze risks
- How to prepare a business case
The Business Analysis Essentials class is recommended but not required as the first course in the series. All students must complete this course as part of the certificate program.
Save $655 by registering for the Business Analysis Certificate Program, a series of seven courses (including this one) that can be taken in any order. The registration cost for the certificate program is $4,490, while the cost to register for all seven courses separately is $5,145.
The workshop includes material from the International Institute of Business AnalysisTM (IIBA®) Agile Extension to the BABOK® Guide and A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide).
If you did not register for the Business Analysis Certificate Program bundle but you are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, please fill out this statement of intent to let us know. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will present you with your certificate in your final class.
The Center for Professional Education is an Endorsed Education Provider of the IIBA® (EEP # E48092). IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK® Guide and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis. These trademarks are used with the express permission of International Institute of Business Analysis.