Women in Leadership: Empowered Leadership Development
Women in the workforce face unique systemic and interpersonal challenges throughout their careers, which have in many cases been heightened by the COVID-19 pandemic. Drawing from her presentations at Women’s Forums across Texas and at SXSW, instructor Amira Pollock has designed this course to support and empower women at any point in their career.
In this highly interactive course, participants will gain tools, tips and practical experience to elevate their status in the workplace, speak with influence and rise above gender communication challenges. Participants will learn the strategy for lifting others up that was successfully used by female staff in the Obama White House and we will explore how gender roles, as well as our own behaviors and thinking, can impede our career advancement and satisfaction. In addition, we will cover key gender communication techniques that will empower you with concrete strategies to increase your confidence and enhance your professional communication and leadership style.
- Women across all backgrounds who want to break through barriers to career satisfaction and leadership advancement
- Women who are interested in speaking with influence and being more assertive in the workplace without backlash
- Women who are navigating a male-dominated field
- Women who are interested in identifying and overcoming gender communication challenges faced by women
- Speak up and be heard: own your ideas, disagree tactfully, and claim a turn to speak
- Hone verbal and non-verbal messages that strengthen your presence, influence and standing
- Develop powerful strategies to quiet your inner critic, zap imposter syndrome, cultivate a positive mindset, and trust your instincts