CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601)
**PLEASE ENSURE YOU MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS AND CAN COMMIT TO THE TIME REQUIREMENTS BEFORE REGISTERING**
The University of Texas at Austin's Extended Campus and the Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) offer a cybersecurity certification program designed to help you start (or advance) a successful career in cybersecurity. The CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) certification is an entry-level cybersecurity certification and is an approved DoD 8140 (8170.01-m) baseline Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification.
Who Should Enroll:
This registration is reserved for Soldiers who are current and aspiring cybersecurity practitioners who want to increase their knowledge base.
The University of Texas at Austin Extended Campus Custom Training offers this class. The course includes all materials, training and exam fees for the certification. Soldiers may utilize the U.S. Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) Program to pay for this course.
- Assess the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile and IoT
- Operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk and compliance
- Identify, analyze and respond to security events and incidents
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some basic computer networking knowledge preferred
The CompTIA Security+ Certificate Program is an intensive course requiring additional study outside of class hours. The program is open to those new to cybersecurity.
This program is offered virtually. Students will have access to the following:
- CompTIA CertMaster
- EPIC Cyber Range
- Canvas Course
- Digital Book
- Exam Prep
- Exam Voucher
A requirement for this class is to have access to strong Wi-Fi and a personal computer. The use of two monitors is strongly encouraged by the instructor.
To achieve the CompTIA Security+ certification, students must pass the online CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) exam.
- 90 multiple-choice and performance-based questions (PBQs)
- 90 minutes in length
- Passing score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
Continuing Education Hours:
Continuing Education Units: 4.8 CEUs