The Center for Professional Education (CPE) at UT Austin has a number of programs open to active-duty military, military spouses, and veterans.
Discount for Active-duty Military and Veteran Service Members
We are proud to offer a 10% military discount to active-duty and veteran service members on our classes and certificate programs. Eligible individuals can contact the CPE Registrar at CPE@austin.utexas.edu or 512-232-6520 to receive the offer code. You will enter this code upon registration and may be asked to provide documentation of your military service at this time. This 10% discount may be applied to any online or in-person course with the exception of the Professional Coach Training Program, the Coding Boot Camp Certificate Programs or the Data Analytics and Visualization Boot Camp (Classroom) Program. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other military/veteran benefits (listed below) or any other discounts.
Certificate Programs for Texas Veterans
In an effort to help our veteran students, the Center for Professional Education (CPE) coordinates with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to assist a qualifying veteran or their dependents in the enrollment process. Our goal is to provide all the pertinent information required for a smooth and seamless transition for all of our VA students while providing excellent customer service.
Veterans of the U.S. military who have available educational benefits can enroll in any of the certificate programs listed below.
Please Note: CPE programs are not eligible for Hazelwood Act benefits.
Approved Certificate Programs for GI Bill Ch. 30 and Ch. 33:
- Business Analysis Certificate Program
- Coding Boot Camp Program (Austin site only)
- Financial Planning Certificate Program
- Human Resource Management Certificate Program
- Paralegal Certificate Program
- Professional Coach Training Program
- Project Management Certificate Program
Please Note: Online programs at CPE are not approved for GI Bill benefits.
VA Enrollment Process
Veterans, veteran dependents, and others eligible for veterans' education programs should determine their benefits and obtain authorization prior to enrolling in courses. Eligible VA students may utilize their educational benefits for approved certificate programs only.
To enroll in a course using your education benefits, follow these two steps:
Step 1: Determine Eligibility. If eligible, print the VA Statement of Understanding form and submit it to the CPE Registrar along with all required documentation. CPE will process your Educational Benefits to the appropriate VA office.
Step 2: Register. Register for your desired course or program online or submit a completed registration form to the Registrar via mail, email, or fax. Enrollees must pay the registration and any required course fees at the time of enrollment or contact the Registrar for a Tuition Payment Plan application. Once CPE receives the educational funds from the VA, you will receive reimbursement.
MyCAA and Tuition Assistance
Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts
CPE currently participates in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program. This program provides financial assistance for military spouses who are pursuing a certificate program with the Center for Professional Education. For program eligibility, requirements and restrictions, please contact Military One Source at 1-800-342-9647, or you can visit their website at www.militaryonesource.com.
If you would like to use MyCAA benefits at CPE, please review the following steps for enrollment:
- Establish your MyCAA account at the MyCAA website. You may receive a message on your browser stating the security certificate is not from a trusted source; please disregard this message and click on the link to continue to the site. The site is secure, but the government uses security certificates that are not recognized by private industry, so the warning messages appear on your browser.
- Create your Career and Training Plan or contact the CPE Registrar for a Training Plan.
- Make sure you are selecting "The University of Texas at Austin- Profesional Development Ctr"[sic] as the designated school.
- Provide your Approval Letter to the Registrar for processing.
- Spouses of active duty members and activated members of the National Guard and Reserve Components are eligible.
- The period of eligibility for spouses of Guard and Reserve members is from the date of the Alert or Warning Order for Military Recall or Mobilization through activation and deployment until 180 days following De-Mobilization.
- Military spouses who are also military members themselves are not eligible. Their education benefits are provided through the Military Voluntary Education Tuition Assistance (TA) Program.
Please Note: If you are unable to access the MyCAA website, please contact a Military OneSource Career and Education Consultant at 1-800-342-9647 for assistance.
Tuition Assistance (TA)
Students using Tuition Assistance must submit the authorization contract from their service branch’s education center to our office at the time of enrollment with the enrollment form. Your payment (or student share) that the government is not covering is due at the time of enrollment.
For additional assistance regarding VA educational benefits, please contact the Veterans Benefits Administration at 1-888-442-4551 or http://www.gibill.va.gov.
If further questions arise regarding VA, MYCAA or TA or you require additional assistance, contact the VA Certifying Officials for the Center for Professional Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 512-232-6520.