The Center for Professional Education (CPE) at UT Austin has a number of programs open to active-duty military, military spouses, and veterans.
Discount for Active-duty Military and Veterans
We are proud to offer a 10% military discount on our classes and certificate programs. Eligible individuals can contact the CPE Registrar at CPE@austin.utexas.edu or 512-232-6520 to receive the offer code. You will enter this code upon registration and may be asked to provide documentation of your military service at this time. This 10% discount may be applied to any online or in-person course with the exception of the Coding Boot Camp Certificate Programs. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other military/veteran benefits (listed below) or any other discounts.
VA Chapter 31 - Veteran Readiness & Employment (VR&E)
We can accept Chapter 31 Veteran Readiness and Employment (formerly called Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment) benefits for our students.
You can learn more about this program on their website or by reaching out to your VA counselor to see if VR&E is an option that is available to you. If it is, email us your VA counselor’s contact name and information, along with information about the program that you want to take, and we will coordinate on next steps to get you enrolled in your program.
Unfortunately, we are not able to accept Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) benefits.
Tuition Assistance (TA)
For active duty military and eligible reservists, we accept Tuition Assistance (TA); Tuition Assistance – Air Force; and Tuition Assistance (TA) WAWF for Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard. To enroll, complete a CPE registration form, and email it along with the authorization contract from your service branch’s education center to the CPE Registrar at CPE@austin.utexas.edu. Please include your credit card information on the CPE registration form to cover any portion of the tuition that is not being covered by tuition assistance.
Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA)
CPE currently participates in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program. This program provides financial assistance for military spouses who are pursuing a certificate program with the Center for Professional Education. For program eligibility, requirements and restrictions, please contact Military One Source at 1-800-342-9647, or you can visit their website at www.militaryonesource.com.
If you would like to use MyCAA benefits at CPE, please review the following steps for enrollment:
- Establish your MyCAA account at the MyCAA website.
- Create your Education and Training Plan or contact the CPE Registrar for a Training Plan.
- Make sure you are selecting "The University of Texas at Austin- Profesional Development Ctr"[sic] as the designated school.
- Provide your Approval Letter to the Registrar for processing.
- Spouses of active duty members and activated members of the National Guard and Reserve Components are eligible.
- The period of eligibility for spouses of Guard and Reserve members is from the date of the Alert or Warning Order for Military Recall or Mobilization through activation and deployment until 180 days following De-Mobilization.
- Military spouses who are also military members themselves are not eligible. Their education benefits are provided through the Military Voluntary Education Tuition Assistance (TA) Program.
Please Note: If you are unable to access the MyCAA website, please contact a Military OneSource Career and Education Consultant at 1-800-342-9647 for assistance.
For additional assistance regarding VA educational benefits, please contact the Veterans Benefits Administration at 1-888-442-4551 or http://www.gibill.va.gov.
If further questions arise regarding VA, MYCAA or TA or you require additional assistance, contact the VA Certifying Officials for the Center for Professional Education, at email@example.com or at 512-232-6520.