Build a foundational understanding of data analytics and how to leverage data to support decision making.
More than ever before, data is seen as a critical asset, relied upon to drive decision-making and generate business value. As a result, there is a growing demand for business professionals who understand how to leverage data as part of their day-to-day duties and are all-around data literate. This course is designed to introduce you to data and analytics, covering the following topics:
- Understanding what it means to be a data-literate business professional
- Recognizing characteristics of data-driven organizations
- Preparing data for analysis
- Visualizing and presenting data, using Tableau
- Running analytical processes and deriving actionable insights from data
Industry case studies and hands-on exercises are incorporated throughout the class, utilizing various data sets and Tableau.
- Project managers, mid-level leaders and team leaders
- Technology, business, analytics and engineering professionals
- Professionals who report on business processes, or who are responsible for benchmarking or strategy development
- Develop an appreciation for why data is a critical business asset
- Gain an understanding of characteristics that are shared by all data-driven organizations
- Learn how to manipulate and transform data so you can leverage data to solve business problems
- Understand best practices on how to visualize data
- Build a knowledge base of current analytics technologies
- Develop a working knowledge of Tableau
This class is only offered as an on-site training option with 8+ participants. This class is not open for individual registrations.